We have limited places available and usually sell out fast! Book now to avoid disappointment. Choose one of the following methods:
Use our easy and secure booking process:
1. Complete the booking process below:
2. Pay deposit of £2000 per person (non-refundable) via secure payment gateway.
It usually only takes a few minutes!
Why not pop in and have a chat with our friendly staff and ask any questions that you may have?
436 Coventry Road
- All applicants must complete a separate booking form as fully as possible; to download a booking form click here.
- A £2000 deposit per person must accompany the booking form (non-refundable).
- A passport photocopy for each applicant must also be submitted at the time of booking.
- 4 passport-sized photographs (light background).
- Bank Transfer
- Debit Card
- Cheque. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Al-Hidaayah Travel Ltd’.
Peace of Mind
All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays in this brochure are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
The following are also required by 30th June 2017:
- A completed visa application form (which will be sent to you).
- Proof of Mahram (for females only).
- A valid meningitis (ACWY) immunisation certificate.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- Passport must have 2 facing blank pages.
- Non-digital (hand-written) passports and those extended manually will not be accepted.
- For EC (Non-British) passport holders, we can only apply for a Hajj visa if the applicant is a resident in the United Kingdom, in which case proof of residency will be required when applying for the visa.
- Non-European Community (EC) passport holders must have permanent residency, student visa or work visa and must have entered the UK two months prior to applying. The passport must have at least 6 months UK residency remaining on the visa from the date of departure.
- Note: We will retain your passport until visas have been issued, which could take until close to the departure date.
- Final payment of balance will be required by 30th June 2017.
Hajj is not a holiday.
During this journey the unexpected is often the norm; despite meticulous planning and organisation the Hajj journey can never be taken for granted like a normal holiday. Hotels, transport and public services are all pushed to their limits during the Hajj season. Therefore do not expect the same level of service that you are accustomed to in the UK or when visiting outside of the Hajj season.
Due to the large number of pilgrims in a small area, the crowds can be overwhelming. Furthermore, due to major traffic congestion, expect very long delays whilst waiting for buses to arrive and moving from one location to another.
Make sure you’re good to go.
Hajj can be physically very demanding. Unfortunately we are not able to take responsibility for any pilgrims that have special requirements.
In order to complete the rites of Hajj we require that all pilgrims are fit enough to walk for approximately 45 minutes. In case any pilgrim is not fit enough to do so, he/she should take a wheelchair with them as well as a companion who will take responsibility for them. We also strongly recommend that pilgrims seek medical clearance from their GP before booking, particularly the elderly and sick.
The 5 Year Rule.
The Saudi authorities have recently announced restrictions on pilgrims travelling for Hajj, The exception to the rule applies to mahram men accompanying close female relatives, where the female relative who has not travelled in the last 5 years.
Select a Package and number of occupants.
* ** ***Lone travelers cannot be accommodated in a triple room. Lone travelers must choose a double room.